Two legendary teams of IPL are yet to win a match.
I’m talking about Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, the two most famous and most won trophies 9 times ( MI – 5 times and CSK – 4 times) didn’t have a good start in the 15th season of IPL 2022, both teams have played 4 matches each and haven’t won a single game.
If their losing streak remains the same both teams will be out of the tournament in the starting itself, the tournament is long each team has to play 14 matches. But this season 2 new teams have been added which will increase the competition level where only 4 teams will qualify for playoffs, maybe in the later many teams will have the same points and then the qualification will be based on the net run rate.
By seeing the performances of both the teams Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings the qualification scenario looks difficult for them, they both have to be on the winning track before they get out of the tournament.
Reasons for losing ( in our perspective)
For Chennai Super Kings –
- Poor bowling attack – the first and the very main reason for losing every match for CSK is their poor bowling attack in the absence of Deepak Chahar, their opening bowling is not working they didn’t get wickets in the powerplay, and also their main bowlers like Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo hasn’t on form that causes the problem in their bowling attack. Also, Shardul Thakur’s absence from the team also caused them.
- Change in captaincy- It can be a problem because Jadeja doesn’t have enough experience as a captain which is leading to a problem but as the season gets forward, maybe we can witness the good performance from the captain as well as a team also.
- Lack of group performances – It is the most important reason why CSK is lagging, few players do the individual performances well but overall the team performances lagged and leading to the reason for losing games.
- Out of form players – the players of the core group of the CSK like Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Ambati Rayedu, and a few more players are out of form they didn’t have their best performance yet, not scoring runs and not taking wickets and their lack of performance affects the team. To get back to the winning track these players have to be in form.
For Mumbai Indians –
As we have discussed the reasons for the loss of Chennai Super Kings, now we will discuss Mumbai Indians. Also, a few reasons will be common between them which we will discuss in this part.
- Bad auction strategy – we are not any cricket analysts or cricket experts. But we can say this year’s auction strategy was not good for all for Mumbai Indians they didn’t try to bring de cock and boult back which are stars for them in previous seasons, didn’t buy good quality all-rounders and spinners and wicket-taking fast bowlers.
- Below average bowling – In the absence of Trent Boult the whole pressure is on the Jasprit Bumrah and Bumrah is not in form this season yet also other bowlers licking runs and didn’t put pressure on the batsmen, Tymal mills is bowling well though but their other bowlers like Basil Thampi, Murugan Ashwin and Daniel Sams are not bowling well.
- Lack of intent – we have seen the intent of the Mumbai Indians in previous seasons and they were 5-time champions because of their intent but this season that intent is missing not playing good cricket and making some mistakes which leads them to lose.
- Lack of team performance – this thing I’ve discussed for CSK as well because we all know Cricket is a team game. One or two brilliant individuals will not win you games but a well-balanced team performance can. Ishan Kishan, Tilak Verma, and Surya Kumar Yadav have shown some good performances but other than that no other batsmen have been good also they lose their matches.
- Star players are not in good form – Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, and Kieron Pollard are not looking good in form, these three are the most impactful players on the team and they have the ability and experience to win you games single-handedly. We wish to see them back to form because these players are eye-pleasing and we are waiting for their good as the cricket fans.
We know both Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings are not in a good form like previous seasons but we know their class is legends of the Indian Premier League and they are known for their comebacks.
In 2010 CSK lost their First 4 matches and then later won the tournament and the same Mumbai Indians lost the first 5 games in 2015 they also won the tournament later which shows they are capable of comebacks, though this season they have more competition we can trust them.
For more informational and interesting content you can visit our website frequently.
Read Them Also –