Java and Flutter are used for cross-platform application development.
Java is a programming language for mobile, web, and desktop applications.
Flutter is a framework that helps developers to build mobile applications - Android and iOS & Web applications.
Advantages of java
- Excellent Tooling - Many tools available like Java applets and applications, Java Runtime Environment, JVM are helpful for developing a high-performance application.
- Set of documentation - code samples, tutorials, developer guides, documentation are available in java.
- A large set of developers are available - developer give information solutions for designing and developing applications, frequently act as the support for business to improve user experience
- Excellent performance - Java bytecode are compiled, Java virtual machine (JVM) available on the operating system that boosts the performance of java
- Easy to learn and understand - Used to develop Web, Mobile, and Desktop applications. it is base on programmers and support is available in the market.
- SDK and JDK - We use the SDK to quickly develop applications in a short time and using JDK provides a tool for compilers, debugging, etc. that works with the Java language.
- Open-Source - Developed and supported by Sun Microsystems and now supported by Oracle. Java is open source and also has worldwide community support.
- JSP - This is the server-side programming language. JSP is used to create a web application. These platforms are independent.
- Pointer - pointer has been removed from java for security purposes.
Disadvantages of java
- Verbosity - We need to write more code in more words - Java is designed to use 16-bit Unicode characters and if you want to make an argument it is more code than other languages Takes.
- Null pointer exception - An exception occurs when a reference variable is used and is not pointing to an object.
- Boilerplate code - Boilerplate code is that part of the code that is repeated in many places without any change.
- Read-Eval-Print-Loop does not exist - Read-Eval-Print Loop is a shell interface. So do not interact with the application at run time.
- Graphics Programming - Graphics programming is difficult, complex code, and not very interactive.
- It is a strict type of language - strictly typed languages when type data interacts with the codebase. So do not use variable values with complexity.
- Wildcard type - used in a variety of parameters or local variables — returns wildcards; As a return type. Which are not relevant to each other.
- Floating-point error - A small round-off error occurs when the floating-point is represented by a fixed number of times.
- Optional parameters are not available - Optional parameters in Java do not provide built-in support for optional parameter values.
Advantages of Flutter Dart
- Hot Reload - immediately visible in the app itself on development time and it is not taking more time like java so in less time you can build a big project and run it.
- Cross-platform - various platforms or Operating Systems like IOS, Android, and the web is the same codebase you need to change some specific part of your applications
- Performance- provide 60 frames per second on devices – dart dev tools are available that measure the performance of flutter applications and flutter is very fast.
- It is Backed by Google - google provides support and the best UI designs.
- Open-Source framework - flutter features are available without any cost and support of codebase and classes.
- Flexible and expressive UI - google is the best UI designer and flutter has many widgets that are able to create responsive page applications.
- Portability - Code is Easy for web ios and android, it allows rapid prototyping.
- Fast development - hot reload feature and design and backend part is the same codebase so very easy and fast way creating applications.
- Material design with widgets - material designs are parent-child combinations with beautiful responsive structures.
Disadvantages of Flutter Dart
- Dart Programming Language - The required dart language is important for pulsing because classes, imports are made from the original dart.
- Does not support 3D graphics - 3D graphics are not supported by quivering. It is still under development. flutter introduction before 3 -4 years hence documentation support is not readily available. Compatible documentation is not available.
- Promotions do not outweigh other languages - a lot of programmers and companies have not used this framework so it is not more popular than Java.
Difference Between Flutter and Java
- Java is a language that is used to develop and design applications.
- Flutter is a platform or framework for cross-platform application development.
- Java Itself a programming language for write Syntax.
- Flutter uses dart programming for writing Syntax.
- It is also an Open-source Programming language.
- Flutter is an Open-source Framework by google.
- Java UI is not effective like a flutter.
- Flutter provides a beautiful and very flexible UI.
- Java doesn't Have a material design Widget.
- Flutter provides scaffold class and material design Widgets.
Tools for Java and Flutter -
- java uses Docker & Flutter uses Firebase for hosting and dynamic link app.
- java uses IntelliJ IDEA and android studio & flutter uses Android SDK and visual studio code.
- java uses Spring Boot & Flutter framework use Dart language.
- java uses Scala & flutter uses Socket.IO for networking.